Sunday, January 8, 2012

what a day

Today we did nothing but lie on the beach. Tomorrow we must go home, we are both ready to leave as we as relaxed as we can be. My day was perfect, I snorkeled on our beach and saw some wonderful fish, just a couple of yards from the water's edge. When I ungracefully staggered back to my beach chair tripping and  stumbling on my flippers, I looked up and there were whales. God this is an ungainly sport though, I ate more sand trying to get my flippers off.
The whale show went on for a couple of hours. Huge splashes from their breaching and fountains of exhalations. I just couldnt believe my luck, to be in the presence of these massive beings.
Back to the fish, I saw a little scarface blenny, lots of angel fish and so many endemic to Kauai.
So, back to YYC on Tuesday morning. It appears that the balmy days at home will be over and we will bring some nasty cold and snowy weather with us.
In the meantime aloha.

No comments: