Wednesday, January 4, 2012

helicopters and whales



I definitely have to get down to some relaxing time. I am not a mellow traveler, I like to explore and do stuff while my erstwhile mate likes to snore on a  chair on the lanai. He is willing to let me drag him from pillar to post but I can see he needs some down time so I think its beach chairs for him and snorkeling for me for the next few days.
Its hard to post from here as I am not yet comfortable on the playbook...its a size thing I guess, but this was the helicopter and it flew us right down into the crater of Wai'ale'ale. This is the wettest place on earth and although this is winter in the middle of the rainy season the wall of water falls is drying up. water falls yes,but not as full as they could be we saw whales in the ocean below. However today we went on a whale watching tour on a catamaran.
I took my new Nikon camera and not the BB playbook which is what the pictures posted here were taken with. So no whale pics to post but we saw plenty. All were young males and they were rolling and breaching and gave us a great show.
zorry the guy i

No comments: