Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Add caption



We couldn't resist...we had our first meal on the island....cooked downstairs of course but  eaten  on hurricane.
Today the granite arrived and has been installed. The holes have been drilled for the taps etc. and in the kitchen the sink hole was beautifully created. Right now everyone is angsting about miinutia as they prepare to install the cooktop. I am so glad that we have meticulous craftsmen putting our house together. And each person that comes in the front door says the same thing. OMG. or wow!!!
Each time I come into the room I say it too. WOW! It almost looks like we know what we were doing with colours and materials. The cabinet lacquer matches the colours in the granite and floor stain is a distinctive colour in the granite, and the lighting, the kitchen metals and even the glass pendants all reflect some of the characteristics of the stone.
The smell of chemicals is giving me a headache and I think I am as high as a kite. I am going to go sleep it off now. Hope I don't start jonesin for more or I will be down at the strip mall scoring glue from the dollar store later tonight.

No comments: