Friday, July 22, 2011

Everything comes crashing down

I woke up in a sweat this morning because I had dreamed that I had lost my purse. Nothing like looking for a purse at 4:30 a.m. and stepping into a dog pee puddle. The poor old girlie has been having some troubles lately...I think I will have to cut her off the booze earlier in the evening. She had her last walkies at 9 but apparently that wasn't late enough. So blurry eyed I was cleaning a carpet in the dark....thank god for my mum's old carpet cleaner, that thing has saved us hours of back breaking work. 

Then just as was stepping our of the shower, the phone rang. Bad news. The huge 5x10 piece of exotic granite that had just been cut and polished was being loaded for delivery and it BROKE!!
I had to rush over to the stone place and choose another piece. 


This is Hurricane. she is our new baby. Our second choice baby. She will be placed on our massive  subcontinent and  will match the lighting and the paint colours that I have already chosen.
I walked into the granite store/shop and everyone greeted me with apologetic faces including the "baby killer" :o)). We had visited our lovely piece of granite so often that she had become our baby. Poor Troy just felt sick about the accident. But fortunately no one was hurt and that in the end all that matters. I like the new piece and I think she is from the same chunk of granite in Brazil anyway, just a little further into the quarry. This new piece of granite is thicker than the last and is absolutely flawless, I know we will be happy. In the end it is a small thing to worry about. 
A small thing indeed compared to others. 
I am thinking about our friends in Comox where Bryan is visiting. Mike has lung cancer and every moment is precious and that is what is important. I know a small thing like a reno going screwy is such an inconspicuous inconsequential thing when compared to what they are going through. 
Mike and Louise just got back from a cancer treatment in Victoria and a Cops for Cancer ride for Mike and a respectful formation salute to him. His son in law Alvin is a Victoria cop. 
I know that visiting his old friend is important to Bryan, I do hope they have some good times this week. 


No comments: