Monday, July 25, 2011

My baby turned 40

Gee it is hard to believe that my first born turned 40 years old. Oh, I know it isn't all about me, blah blah blah, but in a sense, it is. If I hadn't been there, nor would she. Those forty years went by in a blink. I can still remember the sweet smell of the back of her neck and her clear blue eyes when she looked at me. I was amazed that I could have had anything to do with her creation. I was her whole world and she was mine. I just couldn't believe I could love anything as much as I could love her....until I had my second baby of course. Then I was astonished that not only could I love another little being as much as the first but the new love did not diminish my feelings for the first one. I felt like the first person to ever figure this out.
We decided to have a party at the Ship and Anchor pub in Calgary, where her sister works. Since our house is temporarily out of commission we thought that would be the ideal venue. Facebook invites and birthday cake and beer.
Ashley is always so serious and hates getting her picture taken, she wouldn't pose for me so this is what she gets.
"You can't make me smile, I will not smile"
"I got my new glasses on the internet"....(from the used glasses bin in  India?)
the food is either too hot or too cold or I capture the worse expressions.






No comments: