Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting closer

As many of you have been clamoring for details of the reno, I am taking an hour to tap out all the news. We have reached the stage of the critical putting together time. The plumbing trim needs to be put on and the fridge hooked up and the toilets installed. The electrical trim needs to be completed as well, lights installed and plugs placed strategically.
However, our timng couldn't be worse, it is stampede week. We are hoping that our trades don't feel the need to stampede.
The granite counters will be templated this week as well. And the blind lady is coming to install our new window coverings. I hope she can find her way here. Groan.
HRH and I  are becoming very snappish with each other. Actually nearly everything that either of us do irritates the hell out of the other. I wanted to rip his arms off the other day for using all the butter, you might think that was a little harsh, but I didn't.
Divorce is out of the question though, both of us want to see it out to the end and then hack each other into pieces.
The problem we have however is that we are both too tired to stay mad for long. I forget and he doesn't care.
I know last week I was stomping mad about something and swore that I would never speak to him again and then I forgot. I wanted him to walk the dog and to get him to do that I had to speak to him. Hand signals would only irritate both of us.
We have our laughs though. We installed our fridge and ovens and I took a few minutes to read the manual. That is something I rarely do, waiting instead until something goes wrong until I haul out the manual.
This time I noticed a Sabbath day setting on both appliances. That just cracked me up. Now we have orthodox appliances. Jeeze, I hope they don't force us to convert.
Maybe tomorrow I will take a movie and post it. Don't pop your popcorn yet I have to finish clearing out our bedroom. I have to wear a dust mask to clean the furniture that was exposed to the subfloor removal dust and the heat of that strapped to my face nearly brings me to my knees.
Who thought a renovation was a good idea? Take that person out and shoot him.

No comments: