Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dark and Colourful Vegetable Salad

I can make this into a meal. It sticks with me for hours and that removes the desire or necessity to snack. Also I am getting all the fibre, vitamins, and health benefits that dark rich coloured vegetables provide in an easy and available meal. I make a large salad and keep it in the fridge for several days. If I get sick of salad, I can throw it in a soup and yum yum, renewed.
Sometimes I open a can of tuna and put some of it on top of my salad serving. This is terrific when I come home from a workout and need a quick fix.


Chopped Vegetable Salad
( It should be assumed that all of the vegetables are chopped to a uniform size)
4-5 large radishes,
2 ribs of celery
1/2 red pepper
1 green pepper
3/4 cup of frozen peas
2 large carrots
1/2 cup edemame beans
1 broccoli tree
1 cup cauliflower springs
1 cup red cabbage
3/4 cup green cabbage
1/2 cup of almonds
1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup cooked quinoa
Stir it all together and store it undressed in a container in the fridge
.
Dressing
about 1/3 portion of vinegar (acid) to 2/3 portion of oil.
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
1 T dijon mustard
1 T grated fresh ginger root
chopped cilantro
1 tsp dill
2 T lime juice
add some water if when blended it is too thick

No comments: