Saturday, April 16, 2011

How long have we been at this...? Day?

We are now settled in to our little underground cave. Well, it isn't that bad actually. It is really over 1600 sq ft. Not too shabby for an apartment. We have a level exit to a covered patio to our back yard and the golf course. But I guess it is the snow that is getting to me, endless snow, just when it gets warm up to 10 + or so, the weather gods look down and say 'Oops we haven't given these folks enough grief yet, so give 'em so more snow."
We had a Huge dump of snow a few days ago, probably over 11 inches, wet and heavy. It was a couple of days melting and now another dump of snow on the way.
Above us the floor guys have taken over from the kitchen guy and the demo is on going. Banging and pounding and in a hollow mostly empty house the sound is dementing.
I have sqeezed our kitchen into the little office storage room but it works well and I have made some pretty nice meals in it. I know I have had smaller kitchens in my life.
I have to go buy my appliances soon, choose the tile for the shower and the floors and buy lighting fixtures and plumbing trim. We still have to walk out the kitchen floor plan, making sure that the cabinets will all fit and then off to choose the granite and the back splash material. Oh and we haven't chosen a paint colour or the floor stain colour yet.
We all have our minds on the demo. The creation is the next step. Oh and have a garage sale. or give our surplus stuff all away.....any takers?

No comments: