Monday, November 2, 2009

Walking along the Bow

I called Heather and she agreed to meet me at the park for a walk. I wanted to take a walk because I have been concerned for Ginger lately. She has been giving us baleful looks and pleading for walks at all hours and I thought that she should have an afternoon in the sun and splendid weather.


Shelley came with Heather and we enjoyed our stroll through the leaves and along the river bank. The temperature was quite warm and it didn't take long before I regretted wearing my hoodie.

This picture is of Ginger and her tree 12 years later.
It is exciting to talk about the baby's April arrival and a new little one to look forward to. We walked to the arroyo or gully where Ginger's little tree is growing. I call it Ginger's tree but when I first found this wee spruce it was only an inch tall and valiantly growing through the sticks and pebbles surrounding it. Ginger sat down beside it as I sheltered it with a ring of smooth stones and marking its location with some larger rocks, over the years this little spruce has grown up to 18 inches in height. Right beside it was another little tree, I hadn't noticed this one before, it was half the size of Ginger's but we adopted it instantly as the baby's tree and built a little wall of rocks around it that we hope will prevent it from being squashed by a passerby, either animal or human. We will check on it regularly.


The baby's sex will be known by its parents in a few weeks. I don't think that I would like to know. I like some surprises and I think it is just one last mystery that we don't need to know before hand. Health, yes, size yes, problems, yes but it's gender? No thanks not for me.


That is why there is yellow in the nursey palette. That is the colour that we buy gifts for a babe until we know the sex.

Oh well, that is just me, I guess I am old fashioned.

No comments: