Friday, June 12, 2009

Today is a New Day and 180 degrees

We wait, knowing that packing and planning exhaustion will over come our mother and the tearful phone call. "I'm not going, its too much work."

I am not out there and I cannot get there in time anyway. I am too far away. I would love to help her.

Dad snoozes in his chair. Its the final game of the hockey season.

Barry is run off his feet with work, and he is a guy. Guys say " Just throw some things into a suitcase and that's that." Plus he is being pulled in many different directions, taking them to doctor appointments, picking up prescriptions, dealing with health care professionals and driving to dialysis. Working and above all that he has a family as well. And it is the final game of the hockey season.

I called mum today. She is bubbling over with cheer, packing things that don't need to be packed. I said leave all that, you are just going to try this place out and she said....wait for it....'I'm not coming back here, this place is too big and too much work. I haven't seen the flowers in my garden for a long time and I want friends and walks and to be cared for. "

She told Barry the same, she said to him that this place to too old I won't be back I won't like it again.

Wow!!

Yahoo!!

and Phew!!!

But, as Barry pointed out, this is our mother and things could change and turn on a dime.

But he is going to give them a week to decide if they like it and then cancel the cable and phone at the house and then the move is a fait accomplis.

No going back.

No comments: