Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fun with Mike and Louise

Mike and Louise arrived on Sunday and stayed for two days, we enjoyed their company and ate great food and drank great wine. We asked Erin if it was great wine and she said that is probably was. We SMS'd her for her opinion. She lives in the rarified atmosphere of the sommolier crowd and is always willing to put us in our plebian places. :o))
Ashley came over to visit with her pottery fans/patrons and ended helping with dinner and made wonderful yorkshire puddings and selling even more pottery. Shades of Heidi's baby shower.

On Monday Louise and I walked Southland dog park and she was bowled over with the changes and the great running opportunities for dogs. She plans to come back to Calgary with her 3 dogs and the motorhome and give them a real canine holiday. There is now a pretty good beach made of large concrete blocks that both retain the riverbank and also offer seating for the humans. However it is way too challenging for the elderly canine population and Ginger winced as she tackled the huge steps. I know it wiped her out and when we got home she slept all afternoon.

That gave Louise and I a chance to go shopping at South Centre. I am not a shopper and I admit I have not been to the mall since the big reno and it is even bigger than ever now. We really only went for face cream but we ended up buying clothes, at least Louise did and then we met a very gregarious dutch girl at the Bay's Clarins counter who not only sold us make-up and face cream but gave us complete makeover. We had a hoot, lots of laughs and we left looking like a couple of old cougars. What do you call old cougars? I think we are too old for that description.

I did all of this with a whopping great eye infection. My eyes looked like two little cherries sitting in my eye sockets. I had just had a couple of eye procedures and I had come to the end of my eye steroid drops and I think that made me vulnerable to a low grade infection. I think I must have found a nice little allergen and rubbed my eyes and that was all it took. I tried all kinds of medications to settle things down but nothing worked. It is nice having a doc for a house guest and she said, for heavens sake stop using all that stuff and go to your doctor tomorrow. I did and I am now fixed. Well, not that way but my eyes are on the mend.

More good food and lots left over, enough to pack them a lunch and reluctantly send them home on Tuesday morning.

No comments: