Sunday, June 19, 2011

A wander around my Garden and my House


Obviously this is my backyard. I planted it in a frenzy last fall, just minutes before a huge snow storm that hung around for 6 months. I didn't really know the flower bed well at that time and I stuffed 200 tulip bulbs into it. ..er I mean rabbit salad. The legamorphs munched happily under the snow and were fed well. Come spring all that came up were a few tulips and some daffodils. The rabbits were probably sitting on those bulbs as their bottoms got bigger and bigger from all the tasty delicacies. I planted a number of small bulbs but I'll be damned if I can remember what they are...maybe snow drops? Anyway they were quickly mowed down by the rabbits.
The birds and squirrels decimated the bird seed block and spread it all around. That is the mess under the schubert cherry tree. As you travel down the flower bed you will notice some prolific growth and other that is not. The previous garden was dug up, moved and planted by our contractors while I was away. I really had no input as to where things went. Most of the bed is very recent and just needs some recovery time.
They sure haven't suffered froom too much sun.
Anyway I am pleased with what has come up and I enjoy my swing and there I spent an idle 5 minutes this spring, swatting mozzies and spilling my drink all over my book.
I am reading Bill Bryson's "At Home". There is so much I didn't know about my house and why it is the way it is....a good read. If you learn nothing else from my blog, read this book.

No comments: