Thursday, May 19, 2011

a picture of the garden

Here it is. Not much to look at today. I got tired of digging holes so I quit and took pictures. The apple tree is in and the rose. I put the rose behind the apple tree in the righthand corner, and I think it will bush up quite nicely and provide a pretty backdrop for the tree with colourful annuals in front. The wigela is next and then the flowering almond. I hope this garden fills in quickly. I hid most of the hideous pee spots from the camera lens. I have a seed mixture on them and I hope the wind doesn't blow them away. Yesterday workmen were digging holes and pulling the back wall up and bracing it with heavy rods. It kinda slumped after the frost heaved. The garden looked like a bomb site and my spinach got mushed. Not that anyone could tell that it was spinach. Just the first two little leaves.

No comments: