Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The back yard is taking shape

I slipped over to Costco on the ruse of buying deodorant but I found myself in the garden centre hauling huge wigelia plants overhead and yet another clematis,this one is Polish Spirit. I bought two different kinds of strawberry plants and I will hopefully not lose the tags, so that when someone says 'My this is a delicious sweet red berry, what variety?" I can reply with the true name.
I bought a standard Japanese willow. Such a sweet delicate plant, I grew it to an enormous size in my other house and alas the next owners killed it dead. This one I bought today has to endure the howling winds down the fairway and the rabbits. I have given it quite an assignment.
A Morden rose, that I can stuff into the back of the bed to give shelter to the new little Parkland apple and a already flowering double plum.
Hmmm what else. Lots of annuals of course. I get the ones in baskets and try not to kill them before I put them into the ground. Yes, I put them in the ground, that way the underground sprinkler system will take over nanny duty.
it will soon be picture time.

No comments: