Saturday, May 1, 2010

Twitching

We are looking forward to doing some twitching in Edgewater next week. We are going to visit some friends who are studious birders and no doubt will clue us in on the local feathered tourists and residents. Sadly most of my bird books have grown legs and left home and the only ones I have left will clearly identify me as an amateur. My binoculars have one working eye and my spotting scope I am told is laughable.
There will be lectures both formal and casual and hikes and sleeping. That I am told is the itinerary and that suits me fine. I am looking forward to a couple of days with a limited list of activities. Can't wait to see some green and hear the birds.

When we get home I will have Erin's celebratory steak and lobster b- day dinner to prepare. That will follow her actual birthday party which is coincidentally on Mother's Day at the Milk Tiger. That will be fun, we enjoy their friends and good music is promised on that occasion.

Then the next week it is off to PoCo for some hard sloggin' elder care. I hope I can get them out to do some activities or even just watch others do activities that are not involved with doctors and illness. They need to get their heads out of that mind set. It is hard to do when every other day you have to drive to the hospital but while Dad is in renal I hope I can get Mum out to do a bit of shopping for herself.

No comments: