Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Upon my Word!

I went to the Hillhurst Sunnyside community centre on Saturday where Ashley and co were holding their pottery show and sale.
I probably haven't mentioned lately how much I like her new glazes, but yes indeed, I do. I really like the tree motif and I would love to have a whole dinner set of that pattern.
Instead, I bought a clock. I just love her little clocks. So inventive in design and so practical, I guess that appeals to the Scot in me.
The clocks are battery operated and have a kind of Alice in Wonderland kind of feel Maybe it is the big feet.
Check out the pictures of some of her work at the cracked potter link on the side of this page.

Buying the clock salved my disappointment in not going to NYC. I had been looking forward to going to Manhattan and walking and walking and walking the island. But alas, that is not to be this year. Circumstances are such that the timing wasn't right for my travelling companion.

However, on a brighter side I discovered some very lovely people creating a walking meditation labyrinth in the park that I often walk in with Ginger. I can't believe the amount of work that went into finding distinctive rocks and placing each one just so according to a map and keeping the lines equidistant. They used a map and were very precise in the placement of the layrinth. I think one of them was an engineer. I offered them a rock as a donation. I am not sure they used it however.
I went down on Sunday and walked it and it took me about 1/2 an hour and I was not as conscious of the experience as I could have been had I not been there with my old dog. She is generally very ameniable to any kind of ourdoor walking activity but she is very, very deaf and sometimes she just takes it into her head to go off in another direction and no amount of hollering and whistling will get her back. So I did my meditation walk with one eye open for her and another to the path.

No comments: