Monday, February 4, 2013

My Favorite Pictures


Florida Keys. Brenda suggested we stop on our way home and take a little walk here. Bryan wasn't feeling well but we still had to drive through Homestead and Miami and get to Fort Lauderdale then hang around the airport and 5 hours in the plane to get home so I thought a little walk in the lovely soft air and the friendship of my favorite birds would set us up well. We were so glad we stopped.  I love this guy, he is just a strutting along so purposefully.
What??? Such a friendly little chap. He met us on the path and was pretty curious about who we were. The pelicans here have been rescued from either fisherman's nets or animal runs in.  The people running the sanctuary put so much work and effort into their patients, some have chronic injuries that will keep them there forever and some have been released but are reluctant to leave because the grub is so good.

 
Okay, so my tale of the Caribbean is all out of order but I love this picture. I took it at the Bird Sanctuary in the Florida Keys on Tavernier Key. We stopped on Christmas Day and visited the pelicans and the herons.


 
 
 
 





 

No comments: