Monday, November 12, 2012

A Bit Hasty?

Okay, so maybe I was a bit hasty with my comments about the election. I am actually looking forward to it, really. I think it will be a worthwhile and interesting path to take in my life.


I was pleased this weekend to help the Legere family raise money to benefit their son who was so badly injured in a fall this summer. Now, a quadrapalegic, Cory was at the fundraiser with his beautiful wife Cory ( yes, they share the same first name).
Lots of enthusiatic bidding on the donated articles and I don't know for sure but I think enough money was raised to help purchase at least one of the important things that Cory needs, like a bed, a lift, or a chair.
It was so heart warming to see so many people show up, in a lot of ways, with their wallets, their time and their energy. Everything was donated including the spaghetti dinner and the wine and the wonderful desserts. (Yeah I did taste a couple).

NOTE: I am now down 15 lbs. No refined carbs. AND I am sticking with it for 1 more month...or life. If I can stay off bread.

No comments: