Sunday, July 15, 2012

Our wonderful city on a summer night

I have never before had a camera that would take pictures as amazing as these from the distance that I was from the event and through the hazy moist light conditions that I shot them. It was just a a simple Point and Shoot Nikon Coolpix S9100.
The event was the Calgary Stampede Fireworks show which this year was coordinated with music and lit from 5 locations across the city providing a view to every resident. Well sort of. If you didn't have a deck or a window facing the right way then you had to drive somewhere that did. However we did and from the distance of Heritage Park to Douglasdale and a lucky break between the trees I had this view on 22x Zoom. Amazing. The only thing I had to do is move my finger at lightning speed.




No comments: