Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Been so so so busy

I love having a busy purposeful life who doesn't? Waking up every morning with a pile of work on my e-mail that results in paydays...that is cool. However  a lot of things get left in the dust when I can't pay attention to them. Like finishing the kitchen drawing homework that our designer has given us....she wants it by Friday!!She gave us a number of options that she asked us to think about, sketch on and change to the way we live. or would like to live.
Ahhh, the way we live is flying in and out of the house, eating crappy restaurant food and only occasionally, like twice this week cooking at home.
So why are we putting in a new kitchen?
Anyway, so far we all agree to remove the fireplace, that will add a huge chunk of space into which we can encroach our new island. And its going to be a big one, 9 x 5 ft so far. A big slab of granite. No, wait! its not an island... it is a continent!!! But I don't know whether to put a prep sink in the island, an induction cook top or nothing. Oh what to do?
We definitely want to put bar stools around it for those indolent leaners who come to drink wine and for me to pretend I have a cooking show.
We will remove the stub wall between the eating area and the cooking area and it will become an open galley style kitchen. Nowadays the reno industry has come up with all kind of nifty gadgets, like a pull out trailer affair that fits nicely into a corner and does away with the stupid lazy susan cupboard. I think we will go way up high on the walls with a row of inside lit glass cupboards to highlight the lovely ceramic collection that we have. After that my brain is dead, I can't think of anything else. I only hope that I can work it out in the middle of the night and wake up in the morning enlightened.
But wait... I spent all one night dreaming of weddings, oh not the usual stuff people dream but I got myself all tangled up in the protocol of who drives the bride to the ceremony and who stays here overnight and blah blah blah....god I am tired.

No comments: