Monday, July 5, 2010

They called me Deed

That is a name I may never hear again. My parents were the only ones who ever called me Deed. I guess it was a childhood baby name that only parents remember and use. I would answer to it as I would to my given name. My head would snap back as if I was on a leash. Funny, no other voices will be able to do that for me.
  
 Pansies were my mother's favouite flower, she loved their little faces and would often try growing them, surreptitously pinching off and pocketing a seed from a particularly charming little pansy that she fancied in someone's garden.
When I returned home from the coast,  I went to a couple of green houses and got just the right pansies to create  couple of pots. It is just one small way of remembering my parents this summer. I know there will be many many more little things that will come along as time goes by that will bring them back into focus for me. But for now, I see them in the little faces of pansies.

No comments: