Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A day in Port Townsend


The Wind Kid and me. I think she was once a bird.

We took a ferry across the harbour and drove to Port Townsend. One of us slunk out of work for the day. :o)). And we were glad he did. We needed a full chorus for 'Take me out to the ball game...." The shortest singer in the group knew all the words and the hand gestures and the names of all the players.


More wind please.
The stutue of Liberty and her daughter.
Some people just can't get enough wind.



We ate lunch in Port Towsend and icecream sodas and sundaes and Dan's ersatz twizzlers in the car but we still had room for a feast of salmon, chicken, and ribs when we got home. The weather was perfect and the town was cute. Still no marine mammals from the ferry.



"take me out to the Ball Game.....take me out to the crowd....buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't care if I ever get back...."

We heard little Kat sing that song about 100 times and truth be told each time was cuter that the last. She looks shocked that I knew the words here.

No comments: