Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Manhattanites Land in Calgary

thousands flee for their lives....well no, actually the NYers were welcomed with the usual burned sacrifice on the BBQ which is western hospitality. A round of visiting, and then a trip to Spruce Meadows. Then, because the search was still on for a cowboy, they took the beautiful scenic drive down the 'Cowboy Trail' (yes that is really the name of the road) to the historic Bar U ranch. They took a wagon ride and drank cowboy coffee in the shade of an old tree and I think they might have caught a glimpse of a cowboy or two.

Ellen and Fran
I had planned to be the scout and take them to see and touch a couple of real horses at Linda's place, but I still had the tail end of a filthy cold and I didn't want to risk infecting the holidaymakers.
This is my 'art shot' of Chris.

They arrived for our BBQ on the way back from the ranch and we certainly enjoyed catching up, as it has been over 4 years since we went to NYC. Wow, we really need to do that again.
(Walter and Chris)
My family and friends showed up to welcome the travellers and the weather was more than perfect on the deck and even the bugs and wind laid low
This great Rocky Mountain Adventure Tour is actually a 90th birthday trip for Ellen who is Wayne's mom. Ellen and Wayne share the same birth date. So Happy Birthday!!!

Ellen, Wayne, Chris and Fran

They left fairly early so that they could get a head start on their road trip. Wayne has certainly put a lot of thought into the itinerary and it sounds like fun. I hope they send me a lot of pics....hint hint.
Gee, I wonder who has to ride in the trunk....watch your fingers.

No comments: